Terms and Conditions
- Prices Unless agreed in writing by OEA Laboratories, all quotations expire 30 days following the date of quotation. All prices are exclusive of VAT, duties and any other local taxes.
- Handling and Use Any chemicals supplied should be handled only by qualified individuals trained in laboratory procedures and familiar with their potential hazards. Some of the chemicals supplied may be extremely toxic, hazardous or flammable. Products are supplied on the condition that the customer accepts responsibility for any accident arising from their handling or use. All products are supplied for laboratory use only.
- Disposal of Waste The customer warrants that all chemicals will be disposed of in a safe and environmentally friendly manner in line with current legislation.
- COSHH To comply with the customers own COSHH regulations, or similar such regulations, MSDS sheets are available for all products supplied by OEA Labs.
- Payment Terms OEA Laboratories payment terms are normally net 30 days unless otherwise quoted in writing. Credit or debit card payments will not be debited until your order is ready for dispatch.
- Returns/Refunds Our products have been developed and tested to perform to the highest standards in elemental microanalysis and isotope ratio mass spectrometry applications. All of our products and services are unconditionally guaranteed to meet your expectations. If we fail to meet your standards just return the product or inform us of any problem with our service and we undertake to make a full refund with one week of receipt of the purchased goods.
- Title and Risk Goods supplied by OEA Labs shall remain the property of OEA Labs until paid for in full by the Customer. The customer will be liable for any loss, damage or use of products between delivery and such a time as full payment is received.
- Damaged Goods In the event of goods being damaged during transit, OEA Laboratories must be informed within 7 days of receipt of the goods. When requested, damaged goods must be returned to OEA Laboratories for inspection before replacements are dispatched. Under no circumstances should a customer accept or sign for goods from a courier that are clearly damaged or potentially damaged. The customer must retain all packaging from damaged goods for inspection by an OEA Laboratories representative or a representative of the courier.
- Delivery OEA Laboratories shall make every effort to meet any delivery date quoted but shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from delay in delivery.
- Shipping Charges All quotations given for international shipments are estimations given in good faith only. OEA Laboratories will invoice for such charges at cost and will provide proof of such charges if required. OEA Laboratories shall not be liable for additional charges incurred such as customs clearance, duty, local taxes and onward shipping charges.
- Cancellations Customer orders may only be cancelled in writing unless otherwise agreed. Please telephone us in the first instance to discuss details. Cancellation of orders after the goods have been dispatched from OEA Laboratories can be accepted in legitimate circumstances but the customer may be liable for packing and shipping charges incurred.
- Insolvency In the event that the customer shall suffer insolvency, bankruptcy or a receiver be appointed, any goods that have not been paid for in full shall remain the property of, and be recovered by OEA Laboratories.
- Public and Products Liability Any claims against OEA Laboratories in respect of damage to property or persons shall be limited to the value of the contract.
- Warranty OEA Laboratories warrants its products against defects in materials, workmanship and design. No liability for loss or damage in excess of the purchase price of the goods will be accepted.
- Incorrectly Ordered Goods By agreement only, OEA Laboratories may choose to accept the return of incorrectly ordered goods. The customer may be liable for a re-stocking fee, shipping and packing charges. No products may be returned if any seals have been broken.
- Severability and Waiver In the event that one of these Terms and Conditions shall be found to be void, failure to enforce such condition shall not be regarded as a waiver of the remaining Terms and Conditions.
- Relevant Law These Terms and Conditions and the contracts to which they relate shall in all respects be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Acceptance The placing of an order with OEA Laboratories implies acceptance of the above conditions.
- Miscellaneous The use of the term ‘OEA Laboratories’ or 'OEA Labs' in the above Terms and Conditions shall mean ‘OEA Laboratories Limited’.
OEA Laboratories Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. OEA Laboratories Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st July 2009.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Although we accept secure payment by credit or debit card through PayPal, we do not store credit or debit card numbers. Once this information has been accepted by PayPal this information is securely destroyed. We will ask for this information each time you wish to make a payment using your credit or debit card.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at OEA Laboratories Ltd, The Generator Quay House, The Gallery, Kings Wharf, The Quay, Exeter, EX2 4AN, UK, United Kingdom or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to OEA Laboratories Ltd, The Generator Quay House, The Gallery, Kings Wharf, The Quay, Exeter, EX2 4AN, United Kingdom
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Returns, Refunds and Cancellation Policy TOP
Our products have been developed and tested to perform to the highest standards in elemental microanalysis and isotope ratio mass spectrometry applications. All of our products are unconditionally guaranteed to meet your expectations. If we fail to meet your standards for whatever reason we will issue a refund in full.
You can return any unwanted items within 14 days of delivery. Just call us on +44 (0) 1579 384174 or e-mail: email@example.com and will arrange collection of the items free of charge and issue a full refund.
Damaged, Incorrect, Missing or Faulty Items
If any items are damaged, incorrect, missing or faulty please contact us within 7 days on +44 (0) 1579 384174 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will arrange a replacement to be sent to you immediately and if necessary arrange collection free of charge.
Cancellation of orders after the goods have been dispatched from OEA Laboratories can be accepted in legitimate circumstances but we may need to charge for the packing and shipping charges incurred. Please call us on +44 (0) 1579 384174 or e-mail: email@example.com; to discuss the details.